Last year I wrote about the Cloud Chair from WIS. But this Swedish design duo has created more beautiful things that are certainly worth showing.
For example Decades (top image). This chest of drawers is made out of discarded drawers, found and rescued at flea markets. A mix of different styles from earlier decades, with woods and knobs of various kinds, in a single piece of furniture. The old drawers are enhanced by the new frame in white lacquered MDF. Or the playful Twine Table (second image) which is a set of tables inspired by one of the oldest ways of attaching one object to another – with a needle and thread. The wire is twined through the table top, and becomes legs as well as upholding construction. Visit WIS’ website for more information and design.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A MODERN HOME IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- THE HOUSE WITH THE PINK CHAIRS
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN SUMMER HOME
- A RENOVATED FINCA ON THE ISLAND OF MALLORCA
- A BRIGHT AND LIGHT NORWEGIAN HOME
- HAPPY SUMMER: I’M OFF TO THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
- DIY: SUMMER FRUIT GARLAND
- WISE WORDS TO LIVE BY
- A SWEDISH SUMMER HOME IN GOTLAND