I like the idea behind 5.5. designers’ Réanim project. Common objects, many of which are to be found on rubbish tips, on the streets, in homes or left unsold and stocked in quantity at industrial sites, were given a second life by the French designers. The idea is neither restoration (return them to their original form), nor to change their intrinsic use(change their function) but to give them a new life (by standardising the intervention): simple actions that can be reproduced by anyone or by a new industrial process.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WOODEN TOYS GIFT GUIDE
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN CHRISTMAS MOOD
- A HOME IN AN OLD CHURCH IN THE NETHERLANDS
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY
- 10 BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE DIY GIFTS
- 20% CYBER MONDAY DISCOUNT AT EMERSON FRY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A STUNNING HOME ON PANTELLERIA ISLAND
- IT’S BLACK FRIDAY!
- BEAUTIFUL BLANKETS & BEDS BY RAFA KIDS
- 10 BEAUTIFUL STYLES FOR A GREEN CHRISTMAS