I like the idea behind 5.5. designers’ Réanim project. Common objects, many of which are to be found on rubbish tips, on the streets, in homes or left unsold and stocked in quantity at industrial sites, were given a second life by the French designers. The idea is neither restoration (return them to their original form), nor to change their intrinsic use(change their function) but to give them a new life (by standardising the intervention): simple actions that can be reproduced by anyone or by a new industrial process.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY