Lately I see a lot of designers and stylists being inspired by ‘Delfts blauw’. This blue and white pottery, also known as Delftware, is made in and around Delft, The Netherlands. It has been produced in this city for many centuries and is very popular with tourists visiting The Netherlands. Above are some images from a magazine (I have forgotten which magazine) where blue & white ceramics have been used for styling. Below you seen how Dutch designers are inspired by Delfts blauw.
Carpet by Marcel Wanders for Moooi (top left), MaMa vase by Roderick Vos (top right), bowl by Hella Jongerius (below left) and plate by Jurgen Bey (below right). There will be more Delfts blauw tomorrow.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A BEAUTIFUL ITALIAN KITCHEN IN MILAN
- A RESTORED COUNTRY COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- A SUMMER HOME IN UMBRIA, ITALY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: MAISON ESTATE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE