Lately I see a lot of designers and stylists being inspired by ‘Delfts blauw’. This blue and white pottery, also known as Delftware, is made in and around Delft, The Netherlands. It has been produced in this city for many centuries and is very popular with tourists visiting The Netherlands. Above are some images from a magazine (I have forgotten which magazine) where blue & white ceramics have been used for styling. Below you seen how Dutch designers are inspired by Delfts blauw.
Carpet by Marcel Wanders for Moooi (top left), MaMa vase by Roderick Vos (top right), bowl by Hella Jongerius (below left) and plate by Jurgen Bey (below right). There will be more Delfts blauw tomorrow.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A NEW ENGLAND STYLE HOME WITH AN ASIAN VIBE
- CERAMICS BY NATHALIE LAHDENMAKI
- TANIS: A BEAUTIFUL NEW INTERIOR SHOP ON IBIZA
- DIY GARDEN PROJECTS
- A MID CENTURY MODERN HOME IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SCENES FROM ITALY
- A NATURAL STYLE SUMMER HOME ON IBIZA
- A LOS ANGELOS HOME WITH A STUNNING KITCHEN
- A MODERN HOME IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA