Lately I see a lot of designers and stylists being inspired by ‘Delfts blauw’. This blue and white pottery, also known as Delftware, is made in and around Delft, The Netherlands. It has been produced in this city for many centuries and is very popular with tourists visiting The Netherlands. Above are some images from a magazine (I have forgotten which magazine) where blue & white ceramics have been used for styling. Below you seen how Dutch designers are inspired by Delfts blauw.
Carpet by Marcel Wanders for Moooi (top left), MaMa vase by Roderick Vos (top right), bowl by Hella Jongerius (below left) and plate by Jurgen Bey (below right). There will be more Delfts blauw tomorrow.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN ELEGANT APARTMENT FOR SALE IN SWEDEN
- FUN STORAGE SOLUTIONS FOR TOYS BY TELLKIDDO
- A STUNNING SEA VIEW VILLA ON FORMENTERA, SPAIN
- DIY MACRAME BAG
- ANIMAL WALLPAPER BY CREATIVE LAB AMSTERDAM
- DIY PROJECT: MAKE YOUR OWN DAYBED
- THE TRAVEL FILES: TULUM SUMMER INSPIRATION
- L O V E CUSHION SET
- A STUNNING WOODEN HOUSE WITH SEA VIEW IN FRANCE
- LAVENDER EARL GREAY BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM FLOAT