Lately I see a lot of designers and stylists being inspired by ‘Delfts blauw’. This blue and white pottery, also known as Delftware, is made in and around Delft, The Netherlands. It has been produced in this city for many centuries and is very popular with tourists visiting The Netherlands. Above are some images from a magazine (I have forgotten which magazine) where blue & white ceramics have been used for styling. Below you seen how Dutch designers are inspired by Delfts blauw.
Carpet by Marcel Wanders for Moooi (top left), MaMa vase by Roderick Vos (top right), bowl by Hella Jongerius (below left) and plate by Jurgen Bey (below right). There will be more Delfts blauw tomorrow.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC WARE BY COLLEEN HENNESSEY
- SAMSUNG SERIF TV BY BOUROULLEC: WHERE TECHNOLOGY MEETS DESIGN
- A FOOD BLOGGER’S HOME IN THE SOUTH OF SWEDEN
- UNIQUE & HAND MADE KIDS TOYS & ACCESSORIES
- A SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A TOUCH OF AUTUMN
- A COSY SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH AN AUTUMN VIBE
- A BEAUTIFUL KIDS ROOM DECORATED IN SOFT COLORS
- PRETTY PACKAGING: NATURAL PLANT BASED SOAP BY KEATS
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE SUMMER COTTAGE IN CANADA
- COLLABORATION BOBO CHOSES AND LE BON MARCHE