Khai Liew is a furniture designer, based in Adelaide, Australia, who creates the most gorgeous wooden furniture pieces. Liew’s design rhetoric is informed by a number of historical and cultural influences. The straight line dominates his design process, leading to geometric, rectilinear furniture. Preferring to foreground form, Liew rarely strays from his restricted palette of muted tones. He mainly works with natural materials such as wood, leather, grass, stone, and wool.
Liew’s designs consolidate function with the simplicity of pure form and therefore much consideration is giving to proportion, balance and rhythm as well as the choice of materials and finish of each piece. Many of the furniture pieces are named after people who have worked with the designer over the years. Visit Khai Liew’s website to learn more about him and his gorgeous work.
Above some eye candy from the Khai Liew website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- THE FERM LIVING HOME IN COPENHAGEN
- THE ECLECTIC LONDON HOME OF DESIGNER MALENE BIRGER
- J. CREW FALL & WINTER COLLECTION (NOW WITH 25% DISCOUNT)
- A BEAUTIFUL SCANDINAVIAN FAMILY HOME BY THE SEA
- PRETTY IN A PINK COAT
- A STUNNING LOFT IN LONDON SET IN AN ART DECO BUILDING
- DUTCH DESIGN WEEK: NLXL & PIET HEIN EEK DINNER PARTY
- A TYPICAL SWEDISH COUNTRYSIDE HOME (FOR SALE)
- A SERENE, NEUTRAL COLORED COTTAGE IN BYRON BAY