Khai Liew is a furniture designer, based in Adelaide, Australia, who creates the most gorgeous wooden furniture pieces. Liew’s design rhetoric is informed by a number of historical and cultural influences. The straight line dominates his design process, leading to geometric, rectilinear furniture. Preferring to foreground form, Liew rarely strays from his restricted palette of muted tones. He mainly works with natural materials such as wood, leather, grass, stone, and wool.
Liew’s designs consolidate function with the simplicity of pure form and therefore much consideration is giving to proportion, balance and rhythm as well as the choice of materials and finish of each piece. Many of the furniture pieces are named after people who have worked with the designer over the years. Visit Khai Liew’s website to learn more about him and his gorgeous work.
Above some eye candy from the Khai Liew website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
- HANDMADE PORCELAIN BY PS STUDIO
- AMBER LEWIS’ BEAUTIFUL LOS ANGELES HOME
- OUTDOOR FURNITURE COLLECTION BY NORM
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A COASTAL RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- MIX & MATCH: WHITES AND A HINT OF PINK
- FLY VIOLET: MY NEW FAVORITE BAG
- A INDUSTRIAL STYLE HOME IN PARIS
- GET THE LOOK: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: COTTONWOOD COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- DIY: CROCHETED EASTER EGGS