Born in Argentine artist Ruth Gurvich is now working and living in France. As you can see from the images above and below her work is simply gorgeous! For the past few years Ruth has been working with everyday objects like Bauhaus design chairs, Chinese and European porcelain which she reproduces in paper in three dimension models and then rework their volume.
Ruth: ‘My art is based on a continuous exploration of the codes created by different cultures in their artistic production. From a formal point of view, my field of investigation is based on the study of volume and its relationship to space. With my work I try to find the traces of our past in this cultural melting pot, I try to find the sense of these references, lost through migrations and the passing time’. You can visit Ruth’s website to find out more about her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SPECIAL SUMMER OFFER: 40 % DISCOUNT ON ALL KILIM RUGS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SAN GIORGO HOTEL ON MYKONOS
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- SWEET SUMMER COLORS: SHADES OF SEAGREEN
- STUNNING BEACH HOUSE CASA AZUL IN EL SALVADOR
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
- A FRESH WHITE HOME WITH PASTEL ACCENT COLORS
- COLOURFUL CUSHION & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE PIECES
- SWEET SUMMER COLOURS: SHADES OF PINK
- A SWEDISH FAMILY HOME IN THE COUNTRY SIDE