Born in Argentine artist Ruth Gurvich is now working and living in France. As you can see from the images above and below her work is simply gorgeous! For the past few years Ruth has been working with everyday objects like Bauhaus design chairs, Chinese and European porcelain which she reproduces in paper in three dimension models and then rework their volume.
Ruth: ‘My art is based on a continuous exploration of the codes created by different cultures in their artistic production. From a formal point of view, my field of investigation is based on the study of volume and its relationship to space. With my work I try to find the traces of our past in this cultural melting pot, I try to find the sense of these references, lost through migrations and the passing time’. You can visit Ruth’s website to find out more about her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- DIY: FOLDING LETTERS
- PICKLE POTTERIE HANDMADE MUGS
- A MODERN & BRIGHT HOME IN AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
- A BEAUTIFUL RUSTIC KITCHEN IN A LONDON HOME
- GET YOUR CLOSET ORGANIZED WITH VIRTUAL CLOSET SPACE
- BEST FURNITURE & HOME ACCESSORIES BY URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN THE NETHERLANDS
- BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOMES ON THE GREEK ISLAND OF SYROS
- A NATURAL STYLE EASTER TABLE SETTING
- DIY: CROCHETED LACE EASTER EGG DECORATIONS