Born in Argentine artist Ruth Gurvich is now working and living in France. As you can see from the images above and below her work is simply gorgeous! For the past few years Ruth has been working with everyday objects like Bauhaus design chairs, Chinese and European porcelain which she reproduces in paper in three dimension models and then rework their volume.
Ruth: ‘My art is based on a continuous exploration of the codes created by different cultures in their artistic production. From a formal point of view, my field of investigation is based on the study of volume and its relationship to space. With my work I try to find the traces of our past in this cultural melting pot, I try to find the sense of these references, lost through migrations and the passing time’. You can visit Ruth’s website to find out more about her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- FUN STORAGE SOLUTIONS FOR TOYS BY TELLKIDDO
- A STUNNING SEA VIEW VILLA ON FORMENTERA, SPAIN
- DIY MACRAME BAG
- ANIMAL WALLPAPER BY CREATIVE LAB AMSTERDAM
- DIY PROJECT: MAKE YOUR OWN DAYBED
- THE TRAVEL FILES: TULUM SUMMER INSPIRATION
- L O V E CUSHION SET
- A STUNNING WOODEN HOUSE WITH SEA VIEW IN FRANCE
- LAVENDER EARL GREAY BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM FLOAT
- CREATE A SUMMER VIBE WITH A OUTDOOR HANGING CHAIR