Ouno Design is two home and fashion accessory designers from Vancouver, Canada. Ouno (pronounced “OO-no”) makes one-of-a-kind and limited-edition decor accessories – bags and fashion accessories for men and women, pillows, bedding, throws & blankets, floor cushions, rugs and wall hangings, sculptural objects and conversation pieces. Virtually all of their soft furnishings and accessories re “upcycled” from vintage materials and are hand-constructed in Vancouver. Their highest-quality vintage materials include antique and modern Japanese cottons and linens, mod 1960s and ’70s European graphic prints, rough wool weaves, certain early synthetics, midcentury-modern woven textiles, and sheepskin and fur reclaimed from vintage coats.
Uono’s handmade bedspreads (top image) are unique. The very best geometric and abstract vintage 60s and 70s scarves are collected for the first side – each scarf is like an abstract painting. On the flip side is a solid-tone or tone-on-tone 100% hemp for a totally reversible bedspread. The hemp is a subtle, mod tone of palest sage/khaki green and works well with both traditional and modernist decor. Visit Uno’s website and/or Etsy shop for more information and to see all their beautiful designs. They also have a great pillow collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WEEKEND RECIPE: LEMON VERBENA LEMONADE
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BOHO-CHIC HOME ON FORMENTERA
- RANDOM THINGS IN TURQUOISE GREEN
- A MEDITERRANEAN HOLIDAY HOME IN CADIZ, SPAIN
- ONE OF A KIND FASHION ITEMS
- ALL THINGS SUMMER
- SUMMER RECIPE: STRAWBERRY, CUCUMBER & MINT WATER
- A 400 YEAR OLD HOME ON THE ISLAND OF IBIZA
- SUPER END OF SUMMER SALE – UP TO 70% DISCOUNT
- SHADES OF SUMMER: SPLASHES OF RED