Ouno Design is two home and fashion accessory designers from Vancouver, Canada. Ouno (pronounced “OO-no”) makes one-of-a-kind and limited-edition decor accessories – bags and fashion accessories for men and women, pillows, bedding, throws & blankets, floor cushions, rugs and wall hangings, sculptural objects and conversation pieces. Virtually all of their soft furnishings and accessories re “upcycled” from vintage materials and are hand-constructed in Vancouver. Their highest-quality vintage materials include antique and modern Japanese cottons and linens, mod 1960s and ’70s European graphic prints, rough wool weaves, certain early synthetics, midcentury-modern woven textiles, and sheepskin and fur reclaimed from vintage coats.
Uono’s handmade bedspreads (top image) are unique. The very best geometric and abstract vintage 60s and 70s scarves are collected for the first side – each scarf is like an abstract painting. On the flip side is a solid-tone or tone-on-tone 100% hemp for a totally reversible bedspread. The hemp is a subtle, mod tone of palest sage/khaki green and works well with both traditional and modernist decor. Visit Uno’s website and/or Etsy shop for more information and to see all their beautiful designs. They also have a great pillow collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID