This gorgeous ‘honeycomb lamp’ is designed by Kyouei Design. This Japanese design company has used ‘denguri paper’ for lamp. Denguri paper, a local product of Shikoku region in Japan, creates a lantern-like shading effect.
The fold-out paper outline can surround any light bulb and socket, with the stretched folds producing a honeycomb pattern. When the lamp is folded, the thickness is about 2 cm. To unfold it to a lamp shade you need to stick the sides together with some pins ( included).
With this lamp designer Kouichi Okamoto has proved that innovation and style can go hand in hand with affordability. The price of the lamp is around $48. Available from unica home (US), design my world (UK) and Charles & Marie (EU).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN FRIESLAND, THE NETHERLANDS
- A CHARMING 1920′S COTTAGE IN CALIFORNIA
- GORGEOUS THROWS, PILLOWS, POUFS & DRESSERS
- DANISH DESIGNER TINE K’S HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FINCA STYLE HOLIDAY HOME ON IBIZA
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS & UNIQUE HOMEWARE ITEMS
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A BOHO CHIC VIBE
- HAPPY SHOPPING: VINTAGE RUG SALE
- TOM DIXON BRASS PENDANT LIGHTS IN A DANISH HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FRANCE