This gorgeous ‘honeycomb lamp’ is designed by Kyouei Design. This Japanese design company has used ‘denguri paper’ for lamp. Denguri paper, a local product of Shikoku region in Japan, creates a lantern-like shading effect.
The fold-out paper outline can surround any light bulb and socket, with the stretched folds producing a honeycomb pattern. When the lamp is folded, the thickness is about 2 cm. To unfold it to a lamp shade you need to stick the sides together with some pins ( included).
With this lamp designer Kouichi Okamoto has proved that innovation and style can go hand in hand with affordability. The price of the lamp is around $48. Available from unica home (US), design my world (UK) and Charles & Marie (EU).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE FASHION FILES: NO. 6 SPRING/SUMMER 2018 COLLECTION
- A LIGHT FILLED FRENCH LOFT IN THE CITY OF PARIS
- A HOME WITH A MEDITERRANEAN VIBE & GET THE LOOK
- IN THE STYLE OF GREEK BOUTIQUE HOTEL CASA COOK
- A COZY WOODEN HOME IN SWEDEN
- HAND ILLUSTRATED PRINT ‘OUR WORLD’ MAT / WALL DISPLAY
- 10 OF THE BEST BABY (SHOWER) GIFTS
- DIY KNITTING PROJECT: JUMBO GARTER SCARF
- COLORFUL CUSHION COVERS FOR A BOHO CHIC LOOK
- THE GJØVIK HOUSE IN OSLO (NORWAY) BY NORM ARCHITECTS