This gorgeous ‘honeycomb lamp’ is designed by Kyouei Design. This Japanese design company has used ‘denguri paper’ for lamp. Denguri paper, a local product of Shikoku region in Japan, creates a lantern-like shading effect.
The fold-out paper outline can surround any light bulb and socket, with the stretched folds producing a honeycomb pattern. When the lamp is folded, the thickness is about 2 cm. To unfold it to a lamp shade you need to stick the sides together with some pins ( included).
With this lamp designer Kouichi Okamoto has proved that innovation and style can go hand in hand with affordability. The price of the lamp is around $48. Available from unica home (US), design my world (UK) and Charles & Marie (EU).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN