First of all I want to wish you all the best for the New Year! I hope that 2008 will be a happy, inspiring and creative year for you! I always set some goals for myself for the coming year. Some of them for 2008 are finding a new house, excersize more (this one is coming back every year…), take up painting lessons (my first lesson in at the end of January) and learning how to sew. I am a bit ashamed to say that I do not now how a sewing machine works, and I want to be able to make my own pillow covers for instance. I soon as I know how to do this I will purchase some of the beautiful fabrics that I have seen at Volksfaden.
Volksfaden has a gorgeous collection of fabrics (see image above and below) that are imported from the US or Japan. The shop is based in Germany but they ship world-wide. Shop owner Linda Gaylord is committed to offering an exquisite range of exciting and innovative quilting fabrics. All of the fabrics are imported from the United States or Japan. Linda only sells fabric that she love to work with herself.
The fabrics pictured above are my favorites. These will make great kitchen towels and curtains! Visit Volksfaden’s beautiful website for more information and to see their entire collection of fabrics.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN ALL WHITE HOME IN NORWAY
- THE FOOD FILES: THE ULTIMATE LEMON TART
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- GEORGIA O’KEEFE’S NEW MEXICO HOME
- NEW: HUMANOID KIDS COLLECTION
- A COPENHAGEN HOME DESIGNED BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VILLA LENA IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- LA FERME LETTERPRESS PRINTS
- INSPIRATION: HERRINGBONE & CHEVRON WOODEN FLOORS
- A TINY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH TOUCHES OF BLUE