I love mixing eclectic elements with modern furniture for my interior! I certainly have been inspired by the beautiful riads I saw in Marrakesh, Morocco, when I was there some years ago. This week I will be showing you some of these riads, starting with Riad Yima.
Riad Yima is “a labour of love” by artist/photographer/designer Hassan Hajjaj. Hassan has been working on this beautiful riad for around three years, studiously hand picking and creating the look and feel using entirely local artisans, traditional builders and local materials. Check Riad Yima’s website if you would like to see more inspiring images or if you would like to book a room in this gorgeous riad. It is located in the main medina a mere 5 minutes away from the main square Djema El Fna, the spiritual heart of Marrakesh.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- MY LOVE FOR VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE APARTMENT IN ST. PETERSBURG
- COZY UP YOUR HOME FOR FALL & WINTER
- A RENOVATED FARM IN SOUTHERN SWEDEN
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE LIVING ROOM
- THE TRAVEL FILES: DESIGN STORE TOTOKAELO IN SEATTLE
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A CONTEMPORARY MOUNTAIN RETREAT
- OLIVES & MORE IN AMSTERDAM
- A MODERN & BRIGHT APARTMENT IN BARCELONA
- DIY PROJECT: FREE PRINTABLE DAILY REMINDERS