I love mixing eclectic elements with modern furniture for my interior! I certainly have been inspired by the beautiful riads I saw in Marrakesh, Morocco, when I was there some years ago. This week I will be showing you some of these riads, starting with Riad Yima.
Riad Yima is “a labour of love” by artist/photographer/designer Hassan Hajjaj. Hassan has been working on this beautiful riad for around three years, studiously hand picking and creating the look and feel using entirely local artisans, traditional builders and local materials. Check Riad Yima’s website if you would like to see more inspiring images or if you would like to book a room in this gorgeous riad. It is located in the main medina a mere 5 minutes away from the main square Djema El Fna, the spiritual heart of Marrakesh.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN