I love mixing eclectic elements with modern furniture for my interior! I certainly have been inspired by the beautiful riads I saw in Marrakesh, Morocco, when I was there some years ago. This week I will be showing you some of these riads, starting with Riad Yima.
Riad Yima is “a labour of love” by artist/photographer/designer Hassan Hajjaj. Hassan has been working on this beautiful riad for around three years, studiously hand picking and creating the look and feel using entirely local artisans, traditional builders and local materials. Check Riad Yima’s website if you would like to see more inspiring images or if you would like to book a room in this gorgeous riad. It is located in the main medina a mere 5 minutes away from the main square Djema El Fna, the spiritual heart of Marrakesh.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A MODERN HOME IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- THE HOUSE WITH THE PINK CHAIRS
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN SUMMER HOME
- A RENOVATED FINCA ON THE ISLAND OF MALLORCA
- A BRIGHT AND LIGHT NORWEGIAN HOME
- HAPPY SUMMER: I’M OFF TO THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
- DIY: SUMMER FRUIT GARLAND
- WISE WORDS TO LIVE BY
- A SWEDISH SUMMER HOME IN GOTLAND