Emma recently featured Swedish design studio TAF on her blog Emmas designblogg. Gabriella Gustafson and Mattias Ståhlbom are two architects from Stockholm working together as TAF. I was immediately drawn to their typical Scandinavion style: minimalistic and simple with lots of natural materials and basic colors.
Above and below you can see some of their project and products. Top images:cuckoo clock Basel is inspired by a trip to Zurich, Switzerland. The glasses fit into the wine decanter. Table and stool pearl are made of birch balls in different sizes. The inside structure is made of steel. Inspiration for these designs comes from wooden turning and pearl necklaces. By vary place and colour of the balls the table and stool will get new shapes and expressions. The stair is designed for a private residence in Stockholm.
TAF also designs interiors like for this cafe located in Stockholm (image above). Visit TAF’s website for more information and to see more of their designs and projects.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HAND DRAWN BOTANICAL MURAL PAINTING
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- A SMALL APARTMENT IN STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- AN OLD FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A SUMMER COTTAGE
- SUMMER PEACH PANZANELLA SALAD
- THE PERFECT SUMMER COCKTAIL
- A STUNNING FREE STANDING STONE BATHTUB
- A LOS ANGELES HOME WITH A SCANDINAVIAN VIBE
- A PATIO PERFECT FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
- HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THIS SUMMER