Edward Fields was known as the carpet designer to stars like Princess Grace of Monaco and Mary Tyler Moore from the 1950s to the 1970s. The company of this late designer, who considered his rugs art for the floor, was purchased by Tai Ping carpets two years ago. With the opening of a new showroom in Manhattan, the company is reissuing 60 original rugs; the Deep (image above), an 8-by-10-foot, hand-dyed wool carpet with varying pile heights that was designed in the 1980s. Edward Fields was right, this carpet is truly art for the floor! Visit Tai Ping’s website for more information.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- KIDS ROOMS WITH PRIMARY COLORS
- BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS – HAPPY SHOPPING!
- CYBERWEEK: 30-40% DISCOUNT AT J.CREW
- A COLORFUL AUSTRALIAN HOME WITH A BOHEMIAN VIBE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT SHOPBOB WITH 15-25% DISCOUNT
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH A RAW EDGE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT MADEWELL WITH 25% DISCOUNT
- THE HOLIDAY SEASON: A FOXY GIFT GUIDE FOR KIDS
- FINE LITTLE DAY FROM SWEDEN
- BEAUTIFUL STYLED KIDS ROOM BY RAFA KIDS