An affordable luxury hotel will be opened at Schiphol Amsterdam airport early 2008. Hotel CitizenM offers luxury and design at 14m2 only. CitizenM – short for citizen mobile – has reflected on and learnt from the needs of a new type of traveller, the mobile citizens. These travellers know what they like in a good hotel and what they don’t need from a bad one. What they like includes stylish design and great value. Amsterdam interior design studio Concrete is responsible for the design of hotel and rooms.
More of these modular, high-tech hotels will be opened in Barcelona, Berlin, Milan, Brussels and Copenhagen. Visit the CitizenM website for more information.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE BEST DAYBEDS
- GET TWO KILIM CUSHION COVERS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE
- A UNIGUE ISLAND HIDEAWAY ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- AN OLD BAKERY TURNED INTO A VILLA ON SANTORINI
- THE TRAVEL FILES: EDEN LOCK HOTEL IN EDINBURGH
- THE KIDS FILES: FOLLOW THE RAINBOW WALL RUG
- A HOLIDAY HOME IN THE AUSTRALIAN BUSH
- NEW COCO LAPINE PRINTS
- FASHION ITEMS WITH A CASUAL FRENCH FLAIR
- A DARK VICTORIAN DAIRY TURNED INTO A MODERN HOME