An affordable luxury hotel will be opened at Schiphol Amsterdam airport early 2008. Hotel CitizenM offers luxury and design at 14m2 only. CitizenM – short for citizen mobile – has reflected on and learnt from the needs of a new type of traveller, the mobile citizens. These travellers know what they like in a good hotel and what they don’t need from a bad one. What they like includes stylish design and great value. Amsterdam interior design studio Concrete is responsible for the design of hotel and rooms.
More of these modular, high-tech hotels will be opened in Barcelona, Berlin, Milan, Brussels and Copenhagen. Visit the CitizenM website for more information.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY KITCHEN
- A SUMMER HOME WITH VIEWS ON LAKE GARDA, ITALY
- PRETTY SUMMER COLOURS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VACATION IN A TRADITIONAL TRULLI IN ITALY
- A PERFECT SUMMER HOME (FOR RENT) ON FORMENTERA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A BOHO CHIC ECO RETREAT IN ANDALUCIA
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- A LIGHT FILLED APARTMENT IN BARCELONA, SPAIN