An affordable luxury hotel will be opened at Schiphol Amsterdam airport early 2008. Hotel CitizenM offers luxury and design at 14m2 only. CitizenM – short for citizen mobile – has reflected on and learnt from the needs of a new type of traveller, the mobile citizens. These travellers know what they like in a good hotel and what they don’t need from a bad one. What they like includes stylish design and great value. Amsterdam interior design studio Concrete is responsible for the design of hotel and rooms.
More of these modular, high-tech hotels will be opened in Barcelona, Berlin, Milan, Brussels and Copenhagen. Visit the CitizenM website for more information.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SPECIAL SUMMER OFFER: 40 % DISCOUNT ON ALL KILIM RUGS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SAN GIORGO HOTEL ON MYKONOS
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- SWEET SUMMER COLORS: SHADES OF SEAGREEN
- STUNNING BEACH HOUSE CASA AZUL IN EL SALVADOR
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
- A FRESH WHITE HOME WITH PASTEL ACCENT COLORS
- COLOURFUL CUSHION & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE PIECES
- SWEET SUMMER COLOURS: SHADES OF PINK
- A SWEDISH FAMILY HOME IN THE COUNTRY SIDE