At Hem 2007 in Stockholm I saw this white vacuum cleaner. Being a ‘white lover’ I had to find out more about it. The white edition of the Ultra Silencer vacuum cleaner is designed by Swedish designer Pia Wallen for Electrolux.
Electrolux invited Wallén to produce her own interpretation of the Ultra Silencer, one of the world’s quietest vacuum cleaners. The result is startling in its simplicity. Pia found inspiration in the extraordinary quietness of the cleaner. It reminded her of the most beautiful sound she knows – the sound of falling snow. The result is a vacuum cleaner that is as easy on the eyes as it is the ears. Totally white, the design is boldly unconventional and as fresh as a layer of Scandinavian snow. But in Pia Wallén’s work, there is always a touch of humour. Flashes of bright orange on some of the machine’s functions echo the colour of guide poles that are used to mark pathways through the Swedish winter landscape.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- ABORIGINAL ART IN INTERIORS
- A COZY WOODEN CABIN IN DENMARK
- A HOME IN BARCELONA WITH A STUNNING TILE FLOOR
- BON BON FAIT MAISON ON KYTHIRA, GREECE
- HOME DECOR SALE AT URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC STYLE OFFICE IN BYRON BAY
- 50% DISCOUNT ON RUGS, CUSHION, CERAMICS & MORE
- AN APARTMENT WITH STUNNING VIEWS OVER PARIS
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN THE FRENCH COUNTRYSIDE
- A STUNNING HOME OVERLOOKING THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA