I know design label Umbra from their collection of home accessories. But when I walked by their stand at Maison et Objet in Paris I noticed that they have a furniture line as well. The bibliotheca bookshelf (part of the U+ collection) is designed by Matt Carr. Carr found inspiration when he found two vintage coffee tables. With these tables he created a book rack for his own home. He configured them ingeniously to give these tables a new life as bookshelves. This design is now recreated with a mahogany natural top and black lacquered legs. Available from Umbra’s shop for €500.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY