I know design label Umbra from their collection of home accessories. But when I walked by their stand at Maison et Objet in Paris I noticed that they have a furniture line as well. The bibliotheca bookshelf (part of the U+ collection) is designed by Matt Carr. Carr found inspiration when he found two vintage coffee tables. With these tables he created a book rack for his own home. He configured them ingeniously to give these tables a new life as bookshelves. This design is now recreated with a mahogany natural top and black lacquered legs. Available from Umbra’s shop for €500.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID