I know design label Umbra from their collection of home accessories. But when I walked by their stand at Maison et Objet in Paris I noticed that they have a furniture line as well. The bibliotheca bookshelf (part of the U+ collection) is designed by Matt Carr. Carr found inspiration when he found two vintage coffee tables. With these tables he created a book rack for his own home. He configured them ingeniously to give these tables a new life as bookshelves. This design is now recreated with a mahogany natural top and black lacquered legs. Available from Umbra’s shop for €500.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BLUE & GREEN BATHROOM TILES
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND