I know design label Umbra from their collection of home accessories. But when I walked by their stand at Maison et Objet in Paris I noticed that they have a furniture line as well. The bibliotheca bookshelf (part of the U+ collection) is designed by Matt Carr. Carr found inspiration when he found two vintage coffee tables. With these tables he created a book rack for his own home. He configured them ingeniously to give these tables a new life as bookshelves. This design is now recreated with a mahogany natural top and black lacquered legs. Available from Umbra’s shop for €500.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE