This may look like just as a pile of clothes. But if you take a better look you can see that this pile has the shape of Europe, with the boot resembling Italy of course. I noticed this photo by Corriette Schoenaerts a while ago in Rails Magazine (a free magazine distributed in trains in The Netherlands). The central theme of the magazine was ‘countries and borders’. Contrary to the usual fashion photography, that shows off the newest clothes on a human body and wants to sell an ideal, Corriette made still lives depicting maps and landscapes.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE