This may look like just as a pile of clothes. But if you take a better look you can see that this pile has the shape of Europe, with the boot resembling Italy of course. I noticed this photo by Corriette Schoenaerts a while ago in Rails Magazine (a free magazine distributed in trains in The Netherlands). The central theme of the magazine was ‘countries and borders’. Contrary to the usual fashion photography, that shows off the newest clothes on a human body and wants to sell an ideal, Corriette made still lives depicting maps and landscapes.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A SCANDINAVIAN APARTMENT WITH A VINTAGE TOUCH
- A STYLISH VACATION RENTAL IN MONTAUK, USA
- 20% OFF ANTHROPOLGIE HOME DECOR ITEMS
- 20% OFF HOME ITEMS AT ANTHROPOLOGIE THIS WEEKEND
- TINY PAPER HOUSES BY JURIANNE MATTER
- PRETTY IN WARM & COMFORTABLE CASHMERE
- A FABULOUS COUNTRY HOUSE IN OJAI, CALIFORNIA
- MAGICAL SEA CREATURE LAMPSHADES BY VASILI LIGHTS
- AN AUSTRALIAN GUEST HOUSE IN A COASTAL FARMHOUSE