This may look like just as a pile of clothes. But if you take a better look you can see that this pile has the shape of Europe, with the boot resembling Italy of course. I noticed this photo by Corriette Schoenaerts a while ago in Rails Magazine (a free magazine distributed in trains in The Netherlands). The central theme of the magazine was ‘countries and borders’. Contrary to the usual fashion photography, that shows off the newest clothes on a human body and wants to sell an ideal, Corriette made still lives depicting maps and landscapes.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY
- A SMALL BUT BRIGHT APARTMENT IN GOTEBORG, SWEDEN
- A MODERN FINCA STYLE VILLA ON IBIZA