The work of UK designer Hilary Anderson-Barr has been featured in magazines like Elle Decoration and House & Garden. In producing her unique and quirky knitted vessels Hilary’s intention has been to raise the perception of knitting as a craft – usually functional and domestic – by associating it with the art of the potter, whose skills have from ancient times been much appreciated. The use of yarns in their natural state echoes the basic materials of the potter. Hilary doesn’t have a website but if you are interested in her work, you can contact her at [email protected].
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC APARTMENT IN KRAKOW, POLAND
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID