The work of UK designer Hilary Anderson-Barr has been featured in magazines like Elle Decoration and House & Garden. In producing her unique and quirky knitted vessels Hilary’s intention has been to raise the perception of knitting as a craft – usually functional and domestic – by associating it with the art of the potter, whose skills have from ancient times been much appreciated. The use of yarns in their natural state echoes the basic materials of the potter. Hilary doesn’t have a website but if you are interested in her work, you can contact her at [email protected].
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WOODEN TOYS GIFT GUIDE
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN CHRISTMAS MOOD
- A HOME IN AN OLD CHURCH IN THE NETHERLANDS
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY
- 10 BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE DIY GIFTS
- 20% CYBER MONDAY DISCOUNT AT EMERSON FRY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A STUNNING HOME ON PANTELLERIA ISLAND
- IT’S BLACK FRIDAY!
- BEAUTIFUL BLANKETS & BEDS BY RAFA KIDS
- 10 BEAUTIFUL STYLES FOR A GREEN CHRISTMAS