The work of UK designer Hilary Anderson-Barr has been featured in magazines like Elle Decoration and House & Garden. In producing her unique and quirky knitted vessels Hilary’s intention has been to raise the perception of knitting as a craft – usually functional and domestic – by associating it with the art of the potter, whose skills have from ancient times been much appreciated. The use of yarns in their natural state echoes the basic materials of the potter. Hilary doesn’t have a website but if you are interested in her work, you can contact her at [email protected].
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE
- A RELAXED FAMILY HOME ON VICTORIA’S SURF COAST