The work of UK designer Hilary Anderson-Barr has been featured in magazines like Elle Decoration and House & Garden. In producing her unique and quirky knitted vessels Hilary’s intention has been to raise the perception of knitting as a craft – usually functional and domestic – by associating it with the art of the potter, whose skills have from ancient times been much appreciated. The use of yarns in their natural state echoes the basic materials of the potter. Hilary doesn’t have a website but if you are interested in her work, you can contact her at [email protected].
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA