Greenspot tiles put a little green in your concrete pavement. These surprisingly simple stones can be combined with regular pavement tiles. They offer an easy way to combine grass and concrete zones in various proportions. The ingenious position of the hole allows for both regular and ‘natural’ irregular patterns. ‘Breaking’ the concrete area also allows rainwater to trickle into the soil. Greenspot is designed by Anke Bernotat, Sebastian Kraus and Sandra Turina for Baest, a young UK based design company.
Another fun creation from Baest is Rahmen, a storage space for your fresh herbs in the kitchen or your flowers and plants in the living room. This ‘herbal shelf’ is a living picture that brings colour into your life while at the same time providing fresh and accessible herbs for daily food preparation. Available in four types of wood.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)
- ANIMAL TILES BY BRITISH DESIGNER LAURA CARLIN
- A STYLISH HOLIDAY HOME ON THE AMALFI COAST
- THE EVERLANE DENIM COLLECTION
- SCANDINAVIAN TABLEWARE (NOW ON SALE!)
- PORCELAIN & GLASS VASES FOR A SINGLE FLOWER OR BRANCH
- SOUND ABSORBING CABINETS BY NORM FOR ZILENZIO
- HOME DECOR SHOPPING
- GLOBAL CHIC HOME ACCESSORIES MADE BY ARTISANS
- A RENOVATED OLD HOME IN A GREEK HILLSIDE VILLAGE