Greenspot tiles put a little green in your concrete pavement. These surprisingly simple stones can be combined with regular pavement tiles. They offer an easy way to combine grass and concrete zones in various proportions. The ingenious position of the hole allows for both regular and ‘natural’ irregular patterns. ‘Breaking’ the concrete area also allows rainwater to trickle into the soil. Greenspot is designed by Anke Bernotat, Sebastian Kraus and Sandra Turina for Baest, a young UK based design company.
Another fun creation from Baest is Rahmen, a storage space for your fresh herbs in the kitchen or your flowers and plants in the living room. This ‘herbal shelf’ is a living picture that brings colour into your life while at the same time providing fresh and accessible herbs for daily food preparation. Available in four types of wood.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SOPHIA SUITES ON SANTORINI
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHO CHIC GLADIATOR SANDALS
- A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: HANDMADE & BLUE ON ETSY
- A MAGICAL WEEKEND GET-AWAY ON FIRE ISLAND, NEW YORK
- SHOP WITH A 25% DISCOUNT AT SHOPBOP (UNTIL 7TH APRIL)
- A DANISH HOME DECORATED IN A SOFT COLOR PALETTE
- IKEA’S NEW VIKTIGT COLLECTION IS ALL ABOUT CRAFT
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: VINTAGE & HANDMADE ON ETSY