Flake Blind from Finnish company Woodnotes was a definite eye catcher at this year’s Salone Internazional del Mobile in Milan. The blind, inspired by winter memories and the shape of a snowflake, is made from Tyvek. This material combines all the best qualities of paper, film and fabric. Flake perhaps look fragile but the material is durable, dust-resistance due to its tightly woven fibers and biodegradable.
The blind is made up from individual pieces, which allows you to customize each blind to the size needed. It is no wonder that Flake recently has been awarded with the interior innovation award at the IMM fair in Cologne. Contact Woodnotes for more information and to find out where Flake is sold in your country.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS BY CASALINGA
- A BRIGHT & COZY LAKE COTTAGE
- A TRANSFORMED MIDCENTURY BUNGALOW
- SHADES OF GREY ON AN AUTUMN DAY
- THE TRAVEL FILES: MASSERIA CIMINO IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE MASTER BEDROOM
- THE FASHION FILES: EVERLANE FALL/WINTER COLLECTION
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- A WOODEN KITCHEN WITH A CONCRETE TOP
- FALL INSPIRED DIY PROJECTS