Flake Blind from Finnish company Woodnotes was a definite eye catcher at this year’s Salone Internazional del Mobile in Milan. The blind, inspired by winter memories and the shape of a snowflake, is made from Tyvek. This material combines all the best qualities of paper, film and fabric. Flake perhaps look fragile but the material is durable, dust-resistance due to its tightly woven fibers and biodegradable.
The blind is made up from individual pieces, which allows you to customize each blind to the size needed. It is no wonder that Flake recently has been awarded with the interior innovation award at the IMM fair in Cologne. Contact Woodnotes for more information and to find out where Flake is sold in your country.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH CAMPOS COFFEE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- TROPICAL INSPIRED LIMITED COLLECTION BY IKEA
- THE CUTEST ANIMAL EAR CHAIRS FROM OEUF NY
- AN ELEGANT OLD TOWNHOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
- SPECIAL OFFER: 25% DISCOUNT ON VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- DIY: PLATES AS WALL ART
- UNEXPECTED CRUSH: A RED SLIDING DOOR
- THE TRAVLES FILES: 5 COLUMNS RIAD IN ESSAOUIRA, MOROCCO
- DIY WALL HANGING
- A RUSTIC SUMMER HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA