As I love gardening, but don’t have a garden, I can spend hours on my balcony tending the flowers and rearranging pots and plants. Most of the pots and furniture come from IKEA. I love rocking chair GULLHOLMEN (top image) which is made from banana fiber (€59.00/$59.99).
Stool ALSEDA (€29.95/$29.95) is also made from banana leaves. I have several of them in my house! The silver tray and tea pot are bought on a trip to Marrakech, Morocco, several years ago. As you can see, I am ready for summer. The only thing that is still missing is the sun! (We have had lots of rain in this part of the world and not a lot of sunshine).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HANDMADE KIDS DECOR ITEMS FROM SPAIN
- A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- 60TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS OF ICONIC CHAIRS
- A LOVELY HOME WITH HINTS OF PINK IN NORWAY
- THE REDESIGN OF THE FRITZ HOUSE IN BIG SUR, USA
- ABORIGINAL PAINTINGS FOR SALE (FROM MY COLLECTION)
- A BEAUTIFUL BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- A RELAXED SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS IN GREECE
- AN OLD WORKERS COTTAGE TURNED INTO A IBIZA HOME
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON A GREEK ISLAND