While doing some research for yesterday’s post about Wegner’s tree-legged chair, I found another gorgeous chair by this designer. Despite the chair’s almost postmodern design, Hans Wegner designed the peacock chair as far back as 1947. With a clear resemblance to the peacock feathers, the back of the chair is constructed in soap-treated or lacquered ash, with the choice of matching or contrasting arms in teak. The seat is made from woven paper cord. Today the chair is being manufactured by Danish company PP Møbler.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE HOLIDAY PLAYLIST
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA