While doing some research for yesterday’s post about Wegner’s tree-legged chair, I found another gorgeous chair by this designer. Despite the chair’s almost postmodern design, Hans Wegner designed the peacock chair as far back as 1947. With a clear resemblance to the peacock feathers, the back of the chair is constructed in soap-treated or lacquered ash, with the choice of matching or contrasting arms in teak. The seat is made from woven paper cord. Today the chair is being manufactured by Danish company PP Møbler.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BLUE & GREEN BATHROOM TILES
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND