The Concrete Light is made of partially transparent concrete. It is this unique combination of concrete and light that inspired Dutch designer Marieke Rongen to design this lampshade. By turning on the light, little spots of light appear in the concrete. The shape of the lampshade descends from traditional lampshades, but in combination with these materials and with the size, it’s a complete new design. I have seen this gorgeous lampshade and I have to say that the design is more stunning in real life. The size of the lampshade is 80cm high, and it weights 35-40 kilo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION