The Concrete Light is made of partially transparent concrete. It is this unique combination of concrete and light that inspired Dutch designer Marieke Rongen to design this lampshade. By turning on the light, little spots of light appear in the concrete. The shape of the lampshade descends from traditional lampshades, but in combination with these materials and with the size, it’s a complete new design. I have seen this gorgeous lampshade and I have to say that the design is more stunning in real life. The size of the lampshade is 80cm high, and it weights 35-40 kilo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE HOLIDAY PLAYLIST
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA