The Concrete Light is made of partially transparent concrete. It is this unique combination of concrete and light that inspired Dutch designer Marieke Rongen to design this lampshade. By turning on the light, little spots of light appear in the concrete. The shape of the lampshade descends from traditional lampshades, but in combination with these materials and with the size, it’s a complete new design. I have seen this gorgeous lampshade and I have to say that the design is more stunning in real life. The size of the lampshade is 80cm high, and it weights 35-40 kilo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY
- VINTAGE INSPIRED BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL & ECLECTIC HOTEL IN KNOKKE, BELGIUM