The Concrete Light is made of partially transparent concrete. It is this unique combination of concrete and light that inspired Dutch designer Marieke Rongen to design this lampshade. By turning on the light, little spots of light appear in the concrete. The shape of the lampshade descends from traditional lampshades, but in combination with these materials and with the size, it’s a complete new design. I have seen this gorgeous lampshade and I have to say that the design is more stunning in real life. The size of the lampshade is 80cm high, and it weights 35-40 kilo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- J. CREW NEW FALL & WINTER COLLECTION
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A FEMININE TOUCHE
- EXPOSED PUMPING PIPES: HOT OR NOT?
- A PHOTOGRAPHER’S TEXAS HOME INSPIRED BY TRAVELS
- THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY PAD IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA
- A SUMMER HOME ON THE ITALIAN ISLAND OF PONZA
- A RUSTIC CHIC SUMMER HOME IN PORTUGAL
- AN AIRY BEACH HOUSE ON SYDNEY’S NORTHERN BEACHES
- SUMMER SHOPPING: VIBRANT COLORS
- A CAREFULLY CONSIDERED COLLECTION AT SPARTAN