Their homewares collection, made from resin, includes bowls, spoons, jars, plates, vases, dishes, jugs and cups. Each prototype object is modelled three-dimensionally by hand, using a type of plasticine. The lack of perfectly straight lines and the unevenly finger-smoothed surface of any selected prototype is captured in a mould and then enhanced, as each object is cast. They are then drilled, sanded and finished by hand in the Sydney studio. Many prototypes are never cast and the process of experimentation and failure is key to the ongoing development of Dinosaur Designs’ products. Click here to go to their website where you can see their entire collection.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE HOLIDAY PLAYLIST
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA