Their homewares collection, made from resin, includes bowls, spoons, jars, plates, vases, dishes, jugs and cups. Each prototype object is modelled three-dimensionally by hand, using a type of plasticine. The lack of perfectly straight lines and the unevenly finger-smoothed surface of any selected prototype is captured in a mould and then enhanced, as each object is cast. They are then drilled, sanded and finished by hand in the Sydney studio. Many prototypes are never cast and the process of experimentation and failure is key to the ongoing development of Dinosaur Designs’ products. Click here to go to their website where you can see their entire collection.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WOODEN TOYS GIFT GUIDE
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN CHRISTMAS MOOD
- A HOME IN AN OLD CHURCH IN THE NETHERLANDS
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY
- 10 BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE DIY GIFTS
- 20% CYBER MONDAY DISCOUNT AT EMERSON FRY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A STUNNING HOME ON PANTELLERIA ISLAND
- IT’S BLACK FRIDAY!
- BEAUTIFUL BLANKETS & BEDS BY RAFA KIDS
- 10 BEAUTIFUL STYLES FOR A GREEN CHRISTMAS