I earlier posted about Mina Wu’s bloom socket, a power socket made beautiful with flower decoration. Here are some more designs that ‘camouflage’ ordinary objects like power socket and electric cables. L’Esthetique electrique designed by Tjitske Hemkes is a series of products positioned in and around the power socket. They offer a poetic view on electricity in stead of the usual approach to the subject. Left: A small bird is charging itself to become ‘powerful’. Right: a dog’s head guards the empty power socket.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID