I earlier posted about Mina Wu’s bloom socket, a power socket made beautiful with flower decoration. Here are some more designs that ‘camouflage’ ordinary objects like power socket and electric cables. L’Esthetique electrique designed by Tjitske Hemkes is a series of products positioned in and around the power socket. They offer a poetic view on electricity in stead of the usual approach to the subject. Left: A small bird is charging itself to become ‘powerful’. Right: a dog’s head guards the empty power socket.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES