I earlier posted about Mina Wu’s bloom socket, a power socket made beautiful with flower decoration. Here are some more designs that ‘camouflage’ ordinary objects like power socket and electric cables. L’Esthetique electrique designed by Tjitske Hemkes is a series of products positioned in and around the power socket. They offer a poetic view on electricity in stead of the usual approach to the subject. Left: A small bird is charging itself to become ‘powerful’. Right: a dog’s head guards the empty power socket.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BLUE & GREEN BATHROOM TILES
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND