In November I posted about the Tulipa vase, designed by Lotte van Laatum. This gorgeous vase has now become available. Lotte has created the tulip vase based on the idea of shared identity. Around the year 1600 Dutch diplomats brought the tulip from Turkey to The Netherlands. Since then, the tulip has been a national symbol for both countries. The Tulipa vases express this shared identity by combining the shapes of the traditional Dutch tulip vases with the traditional Turkish tulip patterns from the caftans of the sultans. The vase, available in a red and a black pattern, can be bought from &David. This online design shop is based in The Netherlands but ships world-wide.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WOODEN TOYS GIFT GUIDE
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN CHRISTMAS MOOD
- A HOME IN AN OLD CHURCH IN THE NETHERLANDS
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY
- 10 BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE DIY GIFTS
- 20% CYBER MONDAY DISCOUNT AT EMERSON FRY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A STUNNING HOME ON PANTELLERIA ISLAND
- IT’S BLACK FRIDAY!
- BEAUTIFUL BLANKETS & BEDS BY RAFA KIDS
- 10 BEAUTIFUL STYLES FOR A GREEN CHRISTMAS