In November I posted about the Tulipa vase, designed by Lotte van Laatum. This gorgeous vase has now become available. Lotte has created the tulip vase based on the idea of shared identity. Around the year 1600 Dutch diplomats brought the tulip from Turkey to The Netherlands. Since then, the tulip has been a national symbol for both countries. The Tulipa vases express this shared identity by combining the shapes of the traditional Dutch tulip vases with the traditional Turkish tulip patterns from the caftans of the sultans. The vase, available in a red and a black pattern, can be bought from &David. This online design shop is based in The Netherlands but ships world-wide.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY
- A SMALL BUT BRIGHT APARTMENT IN GOTEBORG, SWEDEN
- A MODERN FINCA STYLE VILLA ON IBIZA
- DIY PROJECT: OLD CHAIR MAKE-OVER