In November I posted about the Tulipa vase, designed by Lotte van Laatum. This gorgeous vase has now become available. Lotte has created the tulip vase based on the idea of shared identity. Around the year 1600 Dutch diplomats brought the tulip from Turkey to The Netherlands. Since then, the tulip has been a national symbol for both countries. The Tulipa vases express this shared identity by combining the shapes of the traditional Dutch tulip vases with the traditional Turkish tulip patterns from the caftans of the sultans. The vase, available in a red and a black pattern, can be bought from &David. This online design shop is based in The Netherlands but ships world-wide.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA
- 10 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORK SPACES
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN WINTER HOME
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: PLAYROOM & KIDS BEDROOM