Another designer that has worked for when objects work is Vincent van Duysen. The work of this architect and designer from Belgium is characterised by an interest in reinterpreting classical forms. His designs are both contemporary and innovative. His gorgeous collection of pots for when objects work is an exercise in restrained theme and variation. Each pieces is composed of two elements: an earthenware container and a wooden plate. The plate serves as a cover as well as a plinth. I love the fact that the pots are serene and sober. The roughness of the material and the slight irregularities all add to the character of the objects.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA
- 10 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORK SPACES