Another designer that has worked for when objects work is Vincent van Duysen. The work of this architect and designer from Belgium is characterised by an interest in reinterpreting classical forms. His designs are both contemporary and innovative. His gorgeous collection of pots for when objects work is an exercise in restrained theme and variation. Each pieces is composed of two elements: an earthenware container and a wooden plate. The plate serves as a cover as well as a plinth. I love the fact that the pots are serene and sober. The roughness of the material and the slight irregularities all add to the character of the objects.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BLUE & GREEN BATHROOM TILES
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND