Victoria’s post at sfgirlbybay about her organizing her books by spine color brought a smile to my face. Do you think she is a superfreak? I don’t! I can totally relate to this. I can’t stand clutter and therefore I like to arrange things by color and for aesthetic reasons. So to me it is perfectly normal to arrange books by color. If you think we are superfreaks, then look at this the photo below that I took at a café in Copenhagen, Denmark, called The Laundromat. You probably have to admit that these color organised books do look gorgeous…..
By the way, this café is a must visit when you are in Copenhagen. It serves excellent cappuccinos and a very delicious smorgasbord. In this cafe in hip Nørrebro you can also do your laundry (hence its name) and all second-hand books are for sale.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE
- THE KIDS FILES: GREEN AS ACCENT COLOR
- HANDCRAFTED OBJECTS AT THE VINTAGE VOGUE
- A NORWEGIAN VILLA WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN CLASSICS
- DIY LEAVES & FEATHER MOBILE