Anemone is a series of lamps and tables inspired by delicate lace tablecloth. Finnish designers Mari Relander and Anna Katrina Tilli combine ideas of old tradition with contemporary forms and materials. The result is stunning I think.
Together Mari and Anna Katriina have a design company called Perhonen (Butterfly in Finnish). The duo met during their studies at the University of Art and Design Helsinki. Since the start of their studies, they have been working together on a wide variety of different projects and competitions for which they have been awarded many times. The Anemone lamp is available from gnr8.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- GEORGIA O’KEEFE’S NEW MEXICO HOME
- NEW: HUMANOID KIDS COLLECTION
- A COPENHAGEN HOME DESIGNED BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VILLA LENA IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- LA FERME LETTERPRESS PRINTS
- INSPIRATION: HERRINGBONE & CHEVRON WOODEN FLOORS
- A TINY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH TOUCHES OF BLUE
- INSPIRATION TO GET IN SUMMER MOOD
- A LOVELY AND COZY MEXICAN SUMMER HOME
- A BRIGHT FAMILY HOME IN FRANKFURT, GERMANY