Frank Tjepkema is a Dutch designer based in Amsterdam. He graduated (cum laude) from the Eindhoven Design Academy in 1996. Tjepkema’s objective is to combine conceptual innovative ideas with functional intelligence and visual elegance. For Droog, Frank designed these Signature Vases. The idea behind the design is that these vases are the ultimate personalization of the consumer in a product, with minimal intervention of the designer. When you buy a signature vase you don’t get a ready made vase. Your personal signature is scanned and transformed into a unique vase, produced using stereo lithography. Click here to visit Tjepkema’s website where you can find more of his designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY
- A SMALL BUT BRIGHT APARTMENT IN GOTEBORG, SWEDEN