Frank Tjepkema is a Dutch designer based in Amsterdam. He graduated (cum laude) from the Eindhoven Design Academy in 1996. Tjepkema’s objective is to combine conceptual innovative ideas with functional intelligence and visual elegance. For Droog, Frank designed these Signature Vases. The idea behind the design is that these vases are the ultimate personalization of the consumer in a product, with minimal intervention of the designer. When you buy a signature vase you don’t get a ready made vase. Your personal signature is scanned and transformed into a unique vase, produced using stereo lithography. Click here to visit Tjepkema’s website where you can find more of his designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY
- VINTAGE INSPIRED BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL & ECLECTIC HOTEL IN KNOKKE, BELGIUM