Charlie Atkin graduated from Staffordshire University (UK) in 2006 with a Masters in Ceramic Design. The young designer now works in her own studio. Most of her products are designed for manufacture in bone china, creating stylish contemporary home products with unique appeal. Charlie: “I work on a fine line between manufacture and the craft process, and my main consideration when designing and making ceramics, is to create objects which are both beautiful and functional. Because of its uniquely fine quality I have grown an affinity with Bone China, every element of the material fascinates me, from its bright white finish to its glass like sound and feather like weight when fired.” On her website you can see all her beautiful ceramics collections.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION