Charlie Atkin graduated from Staffordshire University (UK) in 2006 with a Masters in Ceramic Design. The young designer now works in her own studio. Most of her products are designed for manufacture in bone china, creating stylish contemporary home products with unique appeal. Charlie: “I work on a fine line between manufacture and the craft process, and my main consideration when designing and making ceramics, is to create objects which are both beautiful and functional. Because of its uniquely fine quality I have grown an affinity with Bone China, every element of the material fascinates me, from its bright white finish to its glass like sound and feather like weight when fired.” On her website you can see all her beautiful ceramics collections.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE