Charlie Atkin graduated from Staffordshire University (UK) in 2006 with a Masters in Ceramic Design. The young designer now works in her own studio. Most of her products are designed for manufacture in bone china, creating stylish contemporary home products with unique appeal. Charlie: “I work on a fine line between manufacture and the craft process, and my main consideration when designing and making ceramics, is to create objects which are both beautiful and functional. Because of its uniquely fine quality I have grown an affinity with Bone China, every element of the material fascinates me, from its bright white finish to its glass like sound and feather like weight when fired.” On her website you can see all her beautiful ceramics collections.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES