I love it when every day utilitarian objects are turned into a decorative accessories. Brazilian Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz has proofed that even simple drain covers can be both functional as well as pretty. The designer, who lives in The Netherlands, has created the Drain Eye-Catchers. Performing one of the dirtiest jobs in the house, these dirt-catchers are also eye-catchers, adding perhaps a little pleasure to the user when facing the task of doing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Click here for more information about designer Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz (what a beautiful name!) and here to see her other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE
- A RELAXED FAMILY HOME ON VICTORIA’S SURF COAST