I love it when every day utilitarian objects are turned into a decorative accessories. Brazilian Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz has proofed that even simple drain covers can be both functional as well as pretty. The designer, who lives in The Netherlands, has created the Drain Eye-Catchers. Performing one of the dirtiest jobs in the house, these dirt-catchers are also eye-catchers, adding perhaps a little pleasure to the user when facing the task of doing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Click here for more information about designer Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz (what a beautiful name!) and here to see her other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY
- VINTAGE INSPIRED BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL & ECLECTIC HOTEL IN KNOKKE, BELGIUM