I love it when every day utilitarian objects are turned into a decorative accessories. Brazilian Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz has proofed that even simple drain covers can be both functional as well as pretty. The designer, who lives in The Netherlands, has created the Drain Eye-Catchers. Performing one of the dirtiest jobs in the house, these dirt-catchers are also eye-catchers, adding perhaps a little pleasure to the user when facing the task of doing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Click here for more information about designer Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz (what a beautiful name!) and here to see her other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID