I love it when every day utilitarian objects are turned into a decorative accessories. Brazilian Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz has proofed that even simple drain covers can be both functional as well as pretty. The designer, who lives in The Netherlands, has created the Drain Eye-Catchers. Performing one of the dirtiest jobs in the house, these dirt-catchers are also eye-catchers, adding perhaps a little pleasure to the user when facing the task of doing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Click here for more information about designer Joana Ozorio de Almeida Meroz (what a beautiful name!) and here to see her other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION