Another great designer from Finland is Mikko Laakonen. He has a product design and interior architecture office in Helsinki. To Mikko every design project is unique and therefor needs unique solutions. His aim is to create objects and spaces which combine the client’s needs with his strong vision and high quality design. Laakkonen’s ambition is to create objects and spaces that surround people on their everyday life.
His design PlantLight is a small garden for city people. This is great if you would like to grow your own herbs but you don’t have a garden or balcony. Check out Mikko’s website for more information and to see all his other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- TYPOGRAPHIC PRINTS WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON A DANISH ISLAND
- MIJN ERVARING MET HYPOTHEEKADVIES VIA DE WEBCAM
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS BY CASALINGA
- A BRIGHT & COZY LAKE COTTAGE
- A TRANSFORMED MIDCENTURY BUNGALOW
- SHADES OF GREY ON AN AUTUMN DAY
- THE TRAVEL FILES: MASSERIA CIMINO IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE MASTER BEDROOM
- THE FASHION FILES: EVERLANE FALL/WINTER COLLECTION