When I was in Singapore last year I noticed that among the many, many (standard) hotels there were very few innovative design hotels. This has changed with the New Majestic Hotel opening it’s doors earlier this year.
This fabulous hotel, located in the heart of Singapore’s Chinatown, has 30 individually designed rooms in which vintage fittings are mixed with designer furniture by prominent local designers. All rooms have customized baths, and can include private gardens. Additionally, the hotel features original artworks from emerging Singapore artists which have been cleverly integrated into the rooms’ design.
Also the hotel’s restaurant is worth a visit with award-winning chef Yong Bing Ngen pairing modern Cantonese cuisine with some of Singapore’s best wines. Click here to see more of this beautiful hotel.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE
- THE KIDS FILES: GREEN AS ACCENT COLOR
- HANDCRAFTED OBJECTS AT THE VINTAGE VOGUE
- A NORWEGIAN VILLA WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN CLASSICS
- DIY LEAVES & FEATHER MOBILE