Elegant, clean lines, serene, pure. Those are a few characteristics that I think a bathroom should have. The sanitary products by Marike come very close to my picture of the perfect bathroom.
Marike Europe is a Dutch company, established in 2003 by designer Marike Andeweg. Andeweg has studied Industrial Design and Engineering in The Hague and has worked for several years at the product development department of the Dutch furniture manufacturer Pastoe. The Dutch designer describes herself as sober mindedness, down-to-earth, pure Dutch. With a revolutionary vision, she approaches design and function in a refreshing and different way. She had her breakthrough with the spectacular ‘Well’ bath, which won the prestigious iF Design award in 2005. Since then the brand has grown to an international operating company. In 2007 Marike won two more iF Design Awards.
In three years time Marike has developed a large collection of sanitary products that can create a sphere of simple elegance. The characteristics of her designs are simplicity, pure shapes and varied structures. All products live up to Marike’s motto: “Enjoy the simplicity”. Check out Marike’s website to see all her stunning designs. Available in Europe only, hopefully Marike’s gorgeous collections will become available to the rest of the world soon.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH CAMPOS COFFEE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- TROPICAL INSPIRED LIMITED COLLECTION BY IKEA
- THE CUTEST ANIMAL EAR CHAIRS FROM OEUF NY
- AN ELEGANT OLD TOWNHOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
- SPECIAL OFFER: 25% DISCOUNT ON VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- DIY: PLATES AS WALL ART
- UNEXPECTED CRUSH: A RED SLIDING DOOR
- THE TRAVLES FILES: 5 COLUMNS RIAD IN ESSAOUIRA, MOROCCO
- DIY WALL HANGING
- A RUSTIC SUMMER HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA