Christien Meindertma’s label FLOCKS is the result of her cooperation with a farmer in Wales. The Dutch designer created a clothing collection from the wool of a small flock of the farmer’s sheep. Each garment in the collection was produced from the wool of one single sheep. Her new Black Sheep collection is celebrating the black sheep, the odd one out in the flock. The collection is knitted from a variety of rare breeds from around the world, from black angora rabbits to alpacas. The gorgeous hand-knitted rug for example is made from the wool of 18 merino sheep.
You can see Christien’s full collection on her website. Her designs can be purchased from the Frozen Fountain in Amsterdam and Kakitsubata in Tokyo. The rug is made on demand, every size and color is possible, please contact FLOCKS if you have any questions ([email protected]).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SOPHIA SUITES ON SANTORINI
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHO CHIC GLADIATOR SANDALS
- A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: HANDMADE & BLUE ON ETSY
- A MAGICAL WEEKEND GET-AWAY ON FIRE ISLAND, NEW YORK
- SHOP WITH A 25% DISCOUNT AT SHOPBOP (UNTIL 7TH APRIL)
- A DANISH HOME DECORATED IN A SOFT COLOR PALETTE
- IKEA’S NEW VIKTIGT COLLECTION IS ALL ABOUT CRAFT
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: VINTAGE & HANDMADE ON ETSY