Christien Meindertma’s label FLOCKS is the result of her cooperation with a farmer in Wales. The Dutch designer created a clothing collection from the wool of a small flock of the farmer’s sheep. Each garment in the collection was produced from the wool of one single sheep. Her new Black Sheep collection is celebrating the black sheep, the odd one out in the flock. The collection is knitted from a variety of rare breeds from around the world, from black angora rabbits to alpacas. The gorgeous hand-knitted rug for example is made from the wool of 18 merino sheep.
You can see Christien’s full collection on her website. Her designs can be purchased from the Frozen Fountain in Amsterdam and Kakitsubata in Tokyo. The rug is made on demand, every size and color is possible, please contact FLOCKS if you have any questions ([email protected]).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AND THE WINNER OF THE PINK RUG CO GIVE-AWAY IS…
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A RELAXING LOUNGE CHAIR
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE OLD CENTRE OF BARCELONA
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA, ITALY
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: CACTUS + POP & SCOTT POT
- STYLISH SCORPIUS BEACH CLUB ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A PAIR OF COOL SNEAKERS
- TAKING A VACATION BREAK
- SUMMER RECIPES FOR HOT SUNNY DAYS
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A HAMMOCK FOR SERIOUS RELAXING