Christien Meindertma’s label FLOCKS is the result of her cooperation with a farmer in Wales. The Dutch designer created a clothing collection from the wool of a small flock of the farmer’s sheep. Each garment in the collection was produced from the wool of one single sheep. Her new Black Sheep collection is celebrating the black sheep, the odd one out in the flock. The collection is knitted from a variety of rare breeds from around the world, from black angora rabbits to alpacas. The gorgeous hand-knitted rug for example is made from the wool of 18 merino sheep.
You can see Christien’s full collection on her website. Her designs can be purchased from the Frozen Fountain in Amsterdam and Kakitsubata in Tokyo. The rug is made on demand, every size and color is possible, please contact FLOCKS if you have any questions ([email protected]).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A FOOD BLOGGER’S HOME IN THE SOUTH OF SWEDEN
- UNIQUE & HAND MADE KIDS TOYS & ACCESSORIES
- SAMSUNG SERIF TV BY BOUROULLEC: WHERE TECHNOLOGY MEETS DESIGN
- A SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A TOUCH OF AUTUMN
- A COSY SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH AN AUTUMN VIBE
- A BEAUTIFUL KIDS ROOM DECORATED IN SOFT COLORS
- PRETTY PACKAGING: NATURAL PLANT BASED SOAP BY KEATS
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE SUMMER COTTAGE IN CANADA
- COLLABORATION BOBO CHOSES AND LE BON MARCHE
- A BEAUTIFUL FARMHOUSE IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA