Jan Dijkstra graduated from the Eindhoven Design Academy in 2005. For his graduation project the Dutch designer created this kitchenette, which provides you with all you need in a kitchen.
The design, made out of wire and coated with a plastic layer afterwards, consists of four modules. Every module has its own function and shape. Jan Dijkstra: “What makes a kitchen a kitchen? In essence it has to have a sink, working space, a stove and space to store things: to dry, wash, cut and cook. The products that belong to the module determine the shape.” Visit Dijkstra’s website for more information and to see his other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A LARGE FAMILY HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- TRAVEL THE WORLD GIFT GUIDE
- 10 CHRISTMAS TABLE DECORATION IDEAS
- A LOVELY DUTCH HOME WITH TOUCHES OF RED
- WOODEN TOYS GIFT GUIDE
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN CHRISTMAS MOOD
- A HOME IN AN OLD CHURCH IN THE NETHERLANDS
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY
- 10 BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE DIY GIFTS
- 20% CYBER MONDAY DISCOUNT AT EMERSON FRY