This chair designed by Jessica Nebel rocks! The Rocking Cube represents more than an ordinary rocking chair. The seat area originates from the formal gesture of pushing the material through the body of the object. The wooden veneer at the inner side of the chair creates warmth and coziness. Foam is used to create softness at the appropriate places. This chair doesn’t only look great but is comfortable as well!
German designer Jessica Nebel is a postgraduate student at the Royal College of Art. She has already worked for various design companies and has won several awards. Visit Jessica’s website for more information and to see her other designs.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HOW TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GALLERY WALL
- THE FASHION FILES: FASHION FROM ICELAND
- A SMALL YET CHARMING LOS ANGELES BUNGALOW
- PRETTY BLUE THINGS
- THE PERFECT SUMMER OUTFIT
- HANDCRAFTED DESIGN FROM POP & SCOTT
- THE FOOD FILES: HOMEMADE DADE ALMOND TRUFFLES
- A MODERNIST BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON NISYROS, GREECE
- A STABLE TURNED INTO A CONTEMPORARY HOME ON IBIZA