Designer Susan Bijl is the winner of this year’s Deshima Award. This award is meant to recognize extraordinary achievement of Dutch companies with regard to the Japanese market.
The Dutch designer, who was also present at 100% DESIGN Tokyo, is well known for her New Shopping Bag. This reusable bag, made from heavy duty kite-grade nylon, gives a solution to the enviromental unfriendly plastic bags. This way we can shop with a clear consciense and still be fashionable, as the bag comes in various vibrant colour combinations. Go to the colour matrix on Susan’s website and choose your favourite colour combo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH VICTORIAN TERRACE HOUSE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- CONGRATULATIONS BABY CARD WITH DIY MOBILE
- THE TRAVEL FILES: HOTEL ESENCIA IN TULUM, MEXICO
- THE FASHION FILES: VITA KIN INSPIRED DRESSES
- A LIGHT & AIRY BEACH HOUSE IN MONTAUK, USA
- PERFECT HANDMADE LINEN ITEMS FROM LITHUANIA
- AN INDUSTRIAL CHIC HOME IN TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- NATIVE ECO VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF SANTORINI, GREECE
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL