Designer Susan Bijl is the winner of this year’s Deshima Award. This award is meant to recognize extraordinary achievement of Dutch companies with regard to the Japanese market.
The Dutch designer, who was also present at 100% DESIGN Tokyo, is well known for her New Shopping Bag. This reusable bag, made from heavy duty kite-grade nylon, gives a solution to the enviromental unfriendly plastic bags. This way we can shop with a clear consciense and still be fashionable, as the bag comes in various vibrant colour combinations. Go to the colour matrix on Susan’s website and choose your favourite colour combo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: MAISON ESTATE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE
- THE KIDS FILES: GREEN AS ACCENT COLOR
- HANDCRAFTED OBJECTS AT THE VINTAGE VOGUE
- A NORWEGIAN VILLA WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN CLASSICS