Designer Susan Bijl is the winner of this year’s Deshima Award. This award is meant to recognize extraordinary achievement of Dutch companies with regard to the Japanese market.
The Dutch designer, who was also present at 100% DESIGN Tokyo, is well known for her New Shopping Bag. This reusable bag, made from heavy duty kite-grade nylon, gives a solution to the enviromental unfriendly plastic bags. This way we can shop with a clear consciense and still be fashionable, as the bag comes in various vibrant colour combinations. Go to the colour matrix on Susan’s website and choose your favourite colour combo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SMALL BUT COZY HOME IN STOCKHOLM
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE GARDEN
- A RENOVATED BARN HOUSE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- NEWS FROM THE BLOGGING WORLD
- AN ARTIST’S HOME ON THE COSTA BRAVA IN SPAIN
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- FRIDAY’S FASHION FILES: DICKER BOOTS BY ISABEL MARANT
- A STUNNING BEACHFRONT HOME IN SYDNEY
- A DANISH FAMILY LIVING IN MANHATTAN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A GREEK ISLAND HOME