I love this chair! It reminds me of the Bubble Chair by Aarnio Eero, which is on my list of things I would like to have but cannot afford. The Kata chair, designed by Enzo Berti for Ferlea, is made from solid, steam bent rattan. The spherical cocoon-like seat is suspended from the ceiling by way of a stainless steel suspension system.
What did inspire the Italian designer? Enzo Berti: “I saw a chair like this at Ringo Starr’s house in the early seventies. That is not as impressive as it sounds as I was only there in my capacity as a minicab driver.” Check out Ferlea website for more information. The Kata chair is available at Espacio
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY
- VINTAGE INSPIRED BOTANICAL PRINTS