I love this chair! It reminds me of the Bubble Chair by Aarnio Eero, which is on my list of things I would like to have but cannot afford. The Kata chair, designed by Enzo Berti for Ferlea, is made from solid, steam bent rattan. The spherical cocoon-like seat is suspended from the ceiling by way of a stainless steel suspension system.
What did inspire the Italian designer? Enzo Berti: “I saw a chair like this at Ringo Starr’s house in the early seventies. That is not as impressive as it sounds as I was only there in my capacity as a minicab driver.” Check out Ferlea website for more information. The Kata chair is available at Espacio
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION