I love this chair! It reminds me of the Bubble Chair by Aarnio Eero, which is on my list of things I would like to have but cannot afford. The Kata chair, designed by Enzo Berti for Ferlea, is made from solid, steam bent rattan. The spherical cocoon-like seat is suspended from the ceiling by way of a stainless steel suspension system.
What did inspire the Italian designer? Enzo Berti: “I saw a chair like this at Ringo Starr’s house in the early seventies. That is not as impressive as it sounds as I was only there in my capacity as a minicab driver.” Check out Ferlea website for more information. The Kata chair is available at Espacio
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SCANDINAVIAN APARTMENT WITH A VINTAGE TOUCH
- A STYLISH VACATION RENTAL IN MONTAUK, USA
- 20% OFF ANTHROPOLGIE HOME DECOR ITEMS
- 20% OFF HOME ITEMS AT ANTHROPOLOGIE THIS WEEKEND
- TINY PAPER HOUSES BY JURIANNE MATTER
- PRETTY IN WARM & COMFORTABLE CASHMERE
- A FABULOUS COUNTRY HOUSE IN OJAI, CALIFORNIA
- MAGICAL SEA CREATURE LAMPSHADES BY VASILI LIGHTS
- AN AUSTRALIAN GUEST HOUSE IN A COASTAL FARMHOUSE
- BEAUTIFUL HANDCRAFTED PENDANT LIGHTS