I love this chair! It reminds me of the Bubble Chair by Aarnio Eero, which is on my list of things I would like to have but cannot afford. The Kata chair, designed by Enzo Berti for Ferlea, is made from solid, steam bent rattan. The spherical cocoon-like seat is suspended from the ceiling by way of a stainless steel suspension system.
What did inspire the Italian designer? Enzo Berti: “I saw a chair like this at Ringo Starr’s house in the early seventies. That is not as impressive as it sounds as I was only there in my capacity as a minicab driver.” Check out Ferlea website for more information. The Kata chair is available at Espacio
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID