Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SCANDINAVIAN FARMHOUSE IN BLACK & WHITE
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A KID FRIENDLY VILLA ON BALI
- FREE HAND LETTERED CALENDAR
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH STUNNING ORIGINAL FEATURES
- PETER’S CHAIR & TABLE DESIGNED BY HANS J. WEGNER
- A STUNNING HOME IN A CONVERTED JEWISH SCHOOL IN NYC
- A STYLISH HOME IN PRIMROSE HILL, LONDON
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: BOUTIQUE HOTEL DWARS IN AMSTERDAM
- A BLUE SUMMER WITH IKEA – 2016 OUTDOOR COLLECTION
- A CHARACTERFUL HOLIDAY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE