Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SOPHIA SUITES ON SANTORINI
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHO CHIC GLADIATOR SANDALS
- A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: HANDMADE & BLUE ON ETSY
- A MAGICAL WEEKEND GET-AWAY ON FIRE ISLAND, NEW YORK
- SHOP WITH A 25% DISCOUNT AT SHOPBOP (UNTIL 7TH APRIL)
- A DANISH HOME DECORATED IN A SOFT COLOR PALETTE
- IKEA’S NEW VIKTIGT COLLECTION IS ALL ABOUT CRAFT
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: VINTAGE & HANDMADE ON ETSY