Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY KITCHEN
- A SUMMER HOME WITH VIEWS ON LAKE GARDA, ITALY
- PRETTY SUMMER COLOURS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VACATION IN A TRADITIONAL TRULLI IN ITALY
- A PERFECT SUMMER HOME (FOR RENT) ON FORMENTERA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A BOHO CHIC ECO RETREAT IN ANDALUCIA
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- A LIGHT FILLED APARTMENT IN BARCELONA, SPAIN