Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A LIGHT FILLED FRENCH LOFT IN THE CITY OF PARIS
- A HOME WITH A MEDITERRANEAN VIBE & GET THE LOOK
- IN THE STYLE OF GREEK BOUTIQUE HOTEL CASA COOK
- A COZY WOODEN HOME IN SWEDEN
- HAND ILLUSTRATED PRINT ‘OUR WORLD’ MAT / WALL DISPLAY
- 10 OF THE BEST BABY (SHOWER) GIFTS
- DIY KNITTING PROJECT: JUMBO GARTER SCARF
- COLORFUL CUSHION COVERS FOR A BOHO CHIC LOOK
- THE GJØVIK HOUSE IN OSLO (NORWAY) BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- SANTA CLARA 1728 BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN LISBON, PORTUGAL