Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HOW TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GALLERY WALL
- THE FASHION FILES: FASHION FROM ICELAND
- A SMALL YET CHARMING LOS ANGELES BUNGALOW
- PRETTY BLUE THINGS
- THE PERFECT SUMMER OUTFIT
- HANDCRAFTED DESIGN FROM POP & SCOTT
- THE FOOD FILES: HOMEMADE DADE ALMOND TRUFFLES
- A MODERNIST BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON NISYROS, GREECE
- A STABLE TURNED INTO A CONTEMPORARY HOME ON IBIZA