Dutch design duo Meester & Van der Park are always searching for possibilities to combine traditional crafts with technological and industrial production methods. This vision, combined with their eye for detail, results in the most beautiful and unique designs.
One of my favourites is their gorgeous carpet ‘secret garden’. This carpet is made of discarded woolen blankets combining traditional needlework and floral pattern.
Table reshaping wood is created by combining water-jet cutting technology with traditional woodwork.
Their sandblasted and perforated cupboard is based on the idea of improving discarded furniture using new techniques. If you would like to see more of their fab collection, click here to go to their website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES