Hella Jongerius is one of the hottest designers working today. This Dutch talent studied industrial design at the Eindhoven Design Academy and has since combined elements of that discipline with those of traditional craftsmanship in products, textiles and ceramics.
She recently created the ceramics collection Beads & Pieces, which is part of the Design With Conscience project started by Artecnica. This four piece ceramic collection is designed by Ms Jongerius and handcrafted by artisans in Peru. The collection includes a bottle, as well as small, medium and large bowls. Each piece is handmade with care and embroidered with different beads. Aren’t they gorgeous? Beads & Pieces is available at Unicahome and Moss.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN