Hella Jongerius is one of the hottest designers working today. This Dutch talent studied industrial design at the Eindhoven Design Academy and has since combined elements of that discipline with those of traditional craftsmanship in products, textiles and ceramics.
She recently created the ceramics collection Beads & Pieces, which is part of the Design With Conscience project started by Artecnica. This four piece ceramic collection is designed by Ms Jongerius and handcrafted by artisans in Peru. The collection includes a bottle, as well as small, medium and large bowls. Each piece is handmade with care and embroidered with different beads. Aren’t they gorgeous? Beads & Pieces is available at Unicahome and Moss.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH STUNNING ORIGINAL FEATURES
- PETER’S CHAIR & TABLE DESIGNED BY HANS J. WEGNER
- A STUNNING HOME IN A CONVERTED JEWISH SCHOOL IN NYC
- A STYLISH HOME IN PRIMROSE HILL, LONDON
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: BOUTIQUE HOTEL DWARS IN AMSTERDAM
- A BLUE SUMMER WITH IKEA – 2016 OUTDOOR COLLECTION
- A CHARACTERFUL HOLIDAY HOME IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
- A MIX OF OLD & NEW IN A PARIS APARTMENT
- CAROLINE MURPHY IN A BEAUTIFUL WOOLEN SWEATER
- ENJOYING THE GREAT OUTDOORS