Hella Jongerius is one of the hottest designers working today. This Dutch talent studied industrial design at the Eindhoven Design Academy and has since combined elements of that discipline with those of traditional craftsmanship in products, textiles and ceramics.
She recently created the ceramics collection Beads & Pieces, which is part of the Design With Conscience project started by Artecnica. This four piece ceramic collection is designed by Ms Jongerius and handcrafted by artisans in Peru. The collection includes a bottle, as well as small, medium and large bowls. Each piece is handmade with care and embroidered with different beads. Aren’t they gorgeous? Beads & Pieces is available at Unicahome and Moss.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE FOOD FILES: THE ULTIMATE LEMON TART
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- GEORGIA O’KEEFE’S NEW MEXICO HOME
- NEW: HUMANOID KIDS COLLECTION
- A COPENHAGEN HOME DESIGNED BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VILLA LENA IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- LA FERME LETTERPRESS PRINTS
- INSPIRATION: HERRINGBONE & CHEVRON WOODEN FLOORS
- A TINY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH TOUCHES OF BLUE
- INSPIRATION TO GET IN SUMMER MOOD