Hella Jongerius is one of the hottest designers working today. This Dutch talent studied industrial design at the Eindhoven Design Academy and has since combined elements of that discipline with those of traditional craftsmanship in products, textiles and ceramics.
She recently created the ceramics collection Beads & Pieces, which is part of the Design With Conscience project started by Artecnica. This four piece ceramic collection is designed by Ms Jongerius and handcrafted by artisans in Peru. The collection includes a bottle, as well as small, medium and large bowls. Each piece is handmade with care and embroidered with different beads. Aren’t they gorgeous? Beads & Pieces is available at Unicahome and Moss.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIGHT FIXTURES
- AN ARTIST’S HOME ON THE COSTA BRAVA IN SPAIN
- SUMMER SHADES OF PINK
- A SMALL SEA FRONT HOME IN FRANCE
- AN ECLECTIC BOHEMIAN APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- THE ULTIMATE MOUNTAIN ESCAPE IN THE SWISS ALPS
- LEATHER HEADBOARD BY DANISH STUDIO BY THORNAM
- A SMALL ONE-BEDROOM APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- WINTER WONDERLAND MOOD BOARD
- A CERAMIST’S FARMHOUSE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK