Hella Jongerius is one of the hottest designers working today. This Dutch talent studied industrial design at the Eindhoven Design Academy and has since combined elements of that discipline with those of traditional craftsmanship in products, textiles and ceramics.
She recently created the ceramics collection Beads & Pieces, which is part of the Design With Conscience project started by Artecnica. This four piece ceramic collection is designed by Ms Jongerius and handcrafted by artisans in Peru. The collection includes a bottle, as well as small, medium and large bowls. Each piece is handmade with care and embroidered with different beads. Aren’t they gorgeous? Beads & Pieces is available at Unicahome and Moss.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A NEW YORK FAMILY HOME IN HOLIDAY SPIRIT
- A WINTER BBQ IN A DUTCH BARN
- A SWEDISH WINTER WONDERLAND HOME
- MODERN STYLE CANDLE HOLDERS
- A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS RED
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FAMILY HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- MAGICAL HANDMADE LIGHTS
- A STYLIST’S CHRISTMAS HOME
- A LARGE FAMILY HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- TRAVEL THE WORLD GIFT GUIDE