This pigeon light is so cute, don’t you think? Ed Carpenter originally designed it when he was studying product design at London’s Royal College of Art and it was exhibited at his degree show in summer 2001. Now the lamp has gone into production in a selection of bright colours with contrasting electrical flexes.
The pigeon, made from vac-formed perspex, can be mounted on the wall or used on a shelf or table. Available in white, grey, pink and orange with either white or orange flex. In the US the pigeon light can be purchased online here ($95). In Europe it can be ordered from manufacturer Thorsten van Elsten (around €75).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
- FLY VIOLET: MY NEW FAVORITE BAG
- A INDUSTRIAL STYLE HOME IN PARIS
- GET THE LOOK: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: COTTONWOOD COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- DIY: CROCHETED EASTER EGGS
- AN ALL WHITE HOME WITH A TOUCH OF COPPER
- MIX & MATCH: SOFT NUDE COLORS
- TREND FORECASTER ANNE ZIEGLER’S LOS ANGELES HOME
- A TOUCH OF SOFT PINK
- A BEACH HOUSE IN SOUTH AFRICA