This pigeon light is so cute, don’t you think? Ed Carpenter originally designed it when he was studying product design at London’s Royal College of Art and it was exhibited at his degree show in summer 2001. Now the lamp has gone into production in a selection of bright colours with contrasting electrical flexes.
The pigeon, made from vac-formed perspex, can be mounted on the wall or used on a shelf or table. Available in white, grey, pink and orange with either white or orange flex. In the US the pigeon light can be purchased online here ($95). In Europe it can be ordered from manufacturer Thorsten van Elsten (around €75).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY