This pigeon light is so cute, don’t you think? Ed Carpenter originally designed it when he was studying product design at London’s Royal College of Art and it was exhibited at his degree show in summer 2001. Now the lamp has gone into production in a selection of bright colours with contrasting electrical flexes.
The pigeon, made from vac-formed perspex, can be mounted on the wall or used on a shelf or table. Available in white, grey, pink and orange with either white or orange flex. In the US the pigeon light can be purchased online here ($95). In Europe it can be ordered from manufacturer Thorsten van Elsten (around €75).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS – HAPPY SHOPPING!
- CYBERWEEK: 30-40% DISCOUNT AT J.CREW
- A COLORFUL AUSTRALIAN HOME WITH A BOHEMIAN VIBE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT SHOPBOB WITH 15-25% DISCOUNT
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH A RAW EDGE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT MADEWELL WITH 25% DISCOUNT
- THE HOLIDAY SEASON: A FOXY GIFT GUIDE FOR KIDS
- FINE LITTLE DAY FROM SWEDEN
- BEAUTIFUL STYLED KIDS ROOM BY RAFA KIDS
- WONDERFUL WINTER WHITE FASHION PIECES