This pigeon light is so cute, don’t you think? Ed Carpenter originally designed it when he was studying product design at London’s Royal College of Art and it was exhibited at his degree show in summer 2001. Now the lamp has gone into production in a selection of bright colours with contrasting electrical flexes.
The pigeon, made from vac-formed perspex, can be mounted on the wall or used on a shelf or table. Available in white, grey, pink and orange with either white or orange flex. In the US the pigeon light can be purchased online here ($95). In Europe it can be ordered from manufacturer Thorsten van Elsten (around €75).
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH CAMPOS COFFEE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- TROPICAL INSPIRED LIMITED COLLECTION BY IKEA
- THE CUTEST ANIMAL EAR CHAIRS FROM OEUF NY
- AN ELEGANT OLD TOWNHOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
- SPECIAL OFFER: 25% DISCOUNT ON VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- DIY: PLATES AS WALL ART
- UNEXPECTED CRUSH: A RED SLIDING DOOR
- THE TRAVLES FILES: 5 COLUMNS RIAD IN ESSAOUIRA, MOROCCO
- DIY WALL HANGING
- A RUSTIC SUMMER HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA